Makalu Base Camp Wilderness Trek
Duration: 20 Days
Trip Difficulty: Strenuous
Trip Style: Trekking
Transport: By Air
Food: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Lodge to lodge
Group Size: 2-16
Max Elevation: 4810m
Makalu Base Camp trekking is a highly adventurous and challenging trek in the Mahalangur Himalayan region of Nepal. Categorized as Moderate to Challenging, trekkers are required to have strong physical fitness and stamina to do Makalu Base Camp trekking. Makalu trek provides variation of flora and fauna, local Himalayan community and stunning landscape of snow-clad terrain.
Makalu Base Camp adventure starts after one hour flight to Tumlingtar and three hours drive to Chichila. The trek begins from here and walks through the Makalu-Barun National Park then the ultimate objective of the trek is to hike to the base camp of Mt. Makalu (the fifth highest mountain in the world) at an altitude of 4870m. The Makalu Base Camp gives you magnificent views of the south face of Makalu, Everest, Lhotse and the Barun Glacier. All along the trail, you will enjoy stunning views of Mt Makalu, Mt. Chamlang (7319m), Baruntse (7129m) and Mera peak (6654m). The trail passes through Makalu Barun National Park allowing you to enjoy pristine wilderness and biodiversity. The permanent feature of this trek is the Arun river which during monsoon season is an enthralling sight to watch. So are beautiful waterfalls, deep gorges, valleys, and traditional villages of Rai and Limbu ethnic communities. The distinctive feature of Makalu Base Camp trekking is its pristine wilderness as you pass through dense forests of rhododendron, orchids, maple, magnolia, aromatic herbs and an unparalleled gallery of the most colourful flowers ever seen in the Himalayas. The itinerary of Makalu Base camp trekking has been designed by Global Adventure Trekking to acclimatize you gradually.
- Visit Makalu Base Camp
- Enjoy stunning views of the south face of Makalu, Everest, Lhotse, Chamlang, Baruntse,
- Mera and Barun Glacier
- Appreciate ecologically rich Arun Valley
- Learn about the Kirati culture of ethnic Rai and Limbu communities
- Trek through Makalu Barun National Park
- Airport pickup and drop off services
- 2-nights accommodations in Kathmandu including breakfast
- 17-nights teahouses accommodation during the trek with full board meals
- Kathmandu-Tumlingtar-Kathmandu flight with departure tax
- Transportation on a comfortable vehicle
- An experienced English-speaking mountain guide and Sherpa porters (2 trekkers:1 porter)
- Salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging for all Nepalese staff
- All necessary paperwork and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) other than the scheduled itinerary
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
- Anything not mentioned in the' Included section'
Day 1 means the arrival day in Kathmandu.
Group discount is available so please contact us.