Mt. Manaslu (8,167m) is a world-famous mountain that lies in the West-central part of Kathmandu, Nepal. Its name, which means “Mountain of Spirit”, comes from Sanskrit word. Mt. Manaslu trek route lies in the Manaslu conservation area. Manaslu Trekking is the best to avoid the unnecessary hassles likes of delaying of flight due to the bad weather and other unseen reason. Manaslu circuit is a less tourist area but the same level of difficulties in terms of altitude and terrain.
Manaslu circuit trek offers the great mountain range and lets you experience the Tsum Valley if you have some additional days. Tsum valley is a newly opened trekking trail that is close to the Tibetan border. Trek to Tsum Valley will require another special permit which costs 40 USD per person beyond 1 week period.
Manaslu is far less crowded than its more well-known peers Annapurna Base Camp Trekking and Everest Base Camp Trekking.
The Manaslu Circuit Trek is remote, yet there is a Tea house at every stage. So there is no need to prepare the heavy camping Trekking.
Manaslu Round Trek provides all Nepal has to offer. You will trek from the subtropical jungle at a lower elevation, though, the Himalayan foothill to be high, cold, challenging crossing Larke (5106m) pass.
Avoid the domestic flight (which could be delayed and canceled often due to many reasons, especially weather), Manaslu Base camp trek offers easy access yet still many challenges similar to other popular trekking destination likes of EBC, Annapurna circuit trek.
How long it takes to make Manaslu permit?
Manaslu Trek permits: Manaslu trekking region is a restricted area like Upper Dolpo and Upper Mustang trek. Manaslu Trek can be combining with famous Annapurna Circuit trekking and Tsum Valley Trek. Here we need 3 different permits to accomplish Manaslu base camp trek. Normally to issue the permit should not take that many days but we need your passport details along with traveler picture. All the permits should be applied online and sometimes the server might be disturbed and we have to do all manually and take a longer time. We need a trekker original passport to issue the restricted permit to verify. You need to be in a group like 2 or more people to issue the Restricted Area permit. The restricted area permit is the same for Indian and other SAARC National as well.
Necessary permit for Manaslu Base Camp trek:
- Manaslu Conservation Entry Permit (MCAP)----30 USD per person and single entry valid for one month. Once the permit is issued, it not transferable and changeable.
- Annapurna Conservation Entry Permit (ACAP)------30 USD per person single entry and valid for one month the same as MCAP. Every traveler needs to have an ACAP permit because once you complete Larke (5,106m) then descend to Dharapani which is a part of the Annapurna region. Even though you will trek only 2 days to get back to Beshisahar and return back to Kathmandu.
- Manaslu Restricted Area Permit. There are the rules of the Nepal Government that every traveler should have a restricted permit. This permit costs 100 USD per person for the first 10 days and thereafter 15 USD per day per person. This permit should be issued by a registered trekking company like us.
Manaslu Trekking Accommodation:
It is a remote high terrain trek but there are adequate numbers of guesthouses along the trekking trails. The guest is simple but nice and cozy. The guesthouse comprises of pillow, mattress, bed and bed sheet. All the guest houses are building by stonewall. The bathroom should be shared and a room has a minimum of 4 beds.
Manaslu Trek transport:
Manaslu trek starts after 9 hours bus drive to Soti Khola. The sharing of public bus transport is always provided in the package. However, if you are interested to have a private Jeep transport to Soti it will cost an additional 230 USD per jeep up to 6 people. Same as Dharapani to Kathmandu by private jeep will cost 350 USD per jeep. Please visit here for the details itinerary for the starting and ending point.
Manaslu Circuit trek side trip:
Manaslu circuit trek is not only physically challenging, but it is also for peace of mind as well. In every place, we try our best to make a small side trip and visiting the Monastery and village. As a sidewalk visit Birendra Lake, Visit Manaslu Base Camp, Visit Syala Monastery. There are beautiful Tsum Valley trekking trails where you meet no one along the trek and explore the local culture and amazing terrain. Tsum Valley trek can be combined with Manaslu Base camp trek as well.
The list of equipment for Manaslu Circuit Trek:
The given list is a guideline for your Manaslu Adventure. Also, understand that the items listed below will vary a little according to the season and the trek duration. September is neither hot nor cold season. The weight limit for your luggage (including handbag) is 33 pounds or 15 kg. Remember, there is no porter included in the voucher. However, If required a porter to carry your trekking baggage you can hire a porter for an additional cost 120 USD to share a porter with another person. Make sure that you are taking only the necessary items.
Important documents and items:
- Valid passport, 2 extra passport size photos, airline tickets
- Separate photocopies of passport, visa form (easily obtained at Kathmandu airport), proof of insurance
- Dollars, pounds or Euros in cash for purchasing Nepalese visa at Kathmandu airport, for paying for restaurants and hotels, for gratuities, snacks, and to purchase your own drinks and gifts
- Bandana or headscarf, also useful for dusty conditions
- Warm hat that covers your ears
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Prescription sunglasses (if required)
- Polypropylene shirts (2 long sleeves)
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece wind-stopper jacket or pullover
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket
- Gore-Tex jacket waterproof and breathable
- 1 pair of lightweight poly liner gloves.
- 1 pair of lightweight wool or fleece gloves
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- 1 pair of Hiking shorts
- 1 pair of Hiking trousers
- 1 pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- 1 pair of fleece or woolen trousers
- 2 pairs of thin, lightweight inner socks
- 1 pair of heavy poly or wool socks
- 1 pair of Hiking boots with spare laces
- 1 pair of trainers or running shoes and/or sandals
- Gaiters (winter only), optional, “low” ankle high version
- 1 sleeping bag (good to -10 degrees Centigrade or 14 degrees F)
- Rucksack and Travel Bags
- 1 medium rucksack (50-60) liters
- A small daypack/backpack for carrying your valuables,
- 1 large waterproof rucksack covers (optional)
- Small, personal first-aid kit. (simple and light)
- Aspirin, first-aid tape, and plasters (Band-Aids)
- 1 skin-blister repair kit
- Anti-diarrhea pills
- Anti-headache pills
- Cough and/or cold medicine
- Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox or Acetazolamide
- Stomach antibiotic: Ciprofloxacin, etc. Do not bring sleeping pills as they are respiratory depressants.
- Water purification tablets or the water filter
- 1 set of earplugs
- Extra pair of prescription glasses, contact lens supplies
- 1 small roll of repair tape,
- 1 cigarette lighter,
- 1 compass or GPS(optional)
- 1 alarm clock/watch
- 1 digital camera with extra cards and batteries
- 2 water bottles (1 liter each)
- 1 small folding knife
- 1 medium-sized quick drying towel
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multi-purpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Face and body moisturizer
- Female hygiene products
- Personal Hygiene
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial handwash
Our offer for 2020-Experience Manaslu Circuit Trek
If you are interested in Buddhism, diverse landscape and terrain, surely the combination of the Tsum Valley and Manaslu trek will be the best option. Experience the land of Monastery in Tsum valley. Experience our Manaslu and Tsum Valley trek------------21 days
Tusm Valley is also known as the Hidden Valley. Experience the Tibetan culture and visit the land of hamlets and Monastery Tsum Valley trek--------------16 days
Manaslu is a fusion of splendor of hidden valley and stunning landscape of Manaslu circuit trek---------17 days