Manaslu Tsum Valley trekking takes you to the magical Tsum Valley, also known as the hidden valley, in the northern part of Gorkha district. The region was closed to visitors up until 2008 when it was finally opened for group trekkers. Special permits are directly issued by the government of Nepal for those wishing to visit the region. Tsum Valley joins Tibet to its north and has a geographical feature much like Tibet with arid landscape. In fact the people living here are of Tibetan ancestry and follow Tibetan Buddhist culture. Ancient and medieval Buddhist gompas, chortens, maniwalls and caves adorned the Tsum Valley. Polyandry is a unique cultural practice only found in Tsum Valley however that is fast changing with the pace of migration and modernism. You can visit several ancient Buddhist Gompas of the region including the poular Milarepa Cave, Rachen gompa and Mu Gompa. The towering presence of Mt. Manaslu or Mt. Kutang (8163m), the eighth highest mountain in the world, over the region is a sight not to be missed. Manaslu Tsum Valley trekking takes you to the base camp of Mt. Manaslu at 4800m while magnificent views of many Himalayan peaks such as Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal, and Boudha Himal . The highest point reached along the trek is the Larkya La at 5,106 metres. The trekking offers a rare opportunity to experience a variety of ecological treasures from temperate and alpine forests and terraced green fields to deep gorges, waterfalls and glacial rivers.
Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
Trip Difficulty: Strenuous
Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trek
Transport: Private Vehicle / Tourist Bus
Food: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Accommodation: Hotel + Guest House + Lodge
Group Size: 2-10
Max Elevation: 5416m
- Tibetan and Buddhism Culture
- Spectacular views of Manaslu, Ganesh, Sringi and Boudha Himal
- Trek to Manaslu Base Camp and cross Larkya La pass (5106m)
- Visit Milarepa Cave, Mu Gumba and Rachen Gumba in Tsum valley
Day 01 Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
Day 02 Kathmandu Leisure day
Day 03 Drive From Kathmandu - Machha Khola (900m) Duration: 8-9 Hours
Day 04 Machha Khola to Jagat (1340m) Walking Distance: 22.2 Kilometer, Duration: 5-6 Hours
Day 05 Trek Jagat to Chisopani (1660m – Approx. 4/5 Hours Walk
Day 06 Trek Chisopani to Chumling (2,386m) – Approx. 6/7 Hours Walk
Day 07 Trek Chumling to Chokhangparo (3,010m) – Approx. 4/5 Hours Walk
Day 08 Trek Chokhangparo to Nile (3,361m) – Approx. 5/6 Hours Walk
Day 09 Nile to Mu Gompa (3,700m) Day Hike, 6-7 Hours
Day 10 Trek Back To Chumling
Day 11 Trek to Deng (1,860m/6100ft) Duration: 7 to 8 Hours
Day 12 Trek to Namrung (2900m/9512ft) Duration: 5 Hours
Day 13 Namrung to Lho Gham (3180m/10430ft) Duration: 3-4 Hours
Day 14 Trek to Samagaon (3500m) Duration: 6 Hours
Day 15 Acclimatization Day at Samagaon
Day 16 Samagaon to Samdo (3690m/12103ft) Duration: 3 Hours
Day 17 Samdo to Dharmashala (4450m) Duration: 4 Hours
Day 18 Trek to Bhimtang (3590m) Cross Larkya La Pass (5220m/17121ft) Duration: 8 Hours
Day 19 Bhimphedi to Tilje (2300m) Duration: 5 Hours
Day 20 to Dharapani then Drive to Kathmandu,
Day 21 Departure/Adventure Ends
- Manaslu Conservation entry permit (MCAP)
- Tsum Valley Restricted Area Permit
- Manaslu Restricted Area Permit
- Land transportation to and from by Bus
- 17-Night Tea house Accommodation in the Mountain.
- Experienced English Speaking guide with equipment.
- Airport picks up and drops off.
- Safe Drinking Water while in the trek
- TIMS (Trekker Information Management System)
- 1-porter for every two clients.
- Insurance of Nepalese Staffs.
- Full board Meals while in the trekking (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- 3-Night hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast
- Personal expenses, Hot and cold drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Insurance, Tips, food in the city, laundry, telephone, Personal equipment.
- Emergency evacuation by Helicopter, Airport tax, and custom clearance
- Extra night hotel and food in Kathmandu in case early return from schedule trek and late departure
- Alternative transportation in case of heavy rain, landslide, strike, road blockade, etc.
Day 1 means the arrival day in Kathmandu.
Group discount is available so please contact us. In case of weather condition, natural calamities if the trek is disturbed then we offer you the alternative trek,
Group Size, guide and crew member:
We organize Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking for 2 people to maximum 16 people at once or even if you have more than 16 people then we can split the group in to two or more groups (according to the number of trekkers) however you all can walk together and stay at same guest house and there are only different guide, and there are 1 guide up to 10 people and 2 guides for 11-16 people and a porter for each 2 trekkers.
Trek as an Individual, Private Group or Join a Scheduled Trek:
Global Adventure Trekking specializes in organizing treks for individuals, couples, and small groups. You can trek by yourself as a private group on the date you select without paying an additional cost, or you can choose to join a small group that is scheduled during your preferred time frame. We also now and then arrange groups on dates other than those shown on this schedule so feel free to contact us to inquire about other possible dates for group treks that you might be able to join.
Personal expenses on the trek:
The daily expenditure in Kathmandu will be about 5 USD per meals. However, it depends on you how much and where you eat. On the trek, your daily expenditure will be about 5-10 USD per day for souvenir and drinks.
Tips are expected by your support team after the trek. The amount depends on your budget and appreciation of their work. As a suggestion, we advise you to allocate 10 - 15% of the total tour cost as tips to the staff. It depends on the services they deliver you along the trek.