Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek
Duration: 20 Days
Trip Difficulty: Moderate
Trip Style: Trekking
Transport: Aeroplane / Tourist Bus
Food: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Accommodation: Hotel And Guest House
Max Elevation: 5100m
Jiri Everest Base Camp trekking follows the classical trail to Everest Base Camp first traversed by historic 1953 Everest expedition of Hillary and Tenzing. Nowadays, it is occasionally used by trekkers who would like to take a longer route to Everest Base Camp. This route avoids the busier standard route through Lukla and gives trekkers an opportunity to explore places that are less travelled by visitors.
The route passes through the lower parts of Everest region/Solu that are remote and less developed as compared to the villages around Namche Bazaar. Trekkers get to experience authentic tradition and culture of a host of ethnic groups such as Sherpa, Tamang, Jirel, Rai, Brahmin and Chhetri.
Since the ascent is gradual, acclimatization is much easier and allows trekkers to adapt to the change in altitude as they reach the highland Khumbu region. Hike to Kalapathar (5545m) and Everest Base Camp (5380m), is the culmination point of this trek from where the southwest face of Everest is clearly visible. Kalapathar offers mind blowing views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu, Choyu and Ama Dablam and Khumbu glacier. The return trek follows a different route and leads you to Lukla visiting iconic Thyangboche Monastery and the bustling Namche Bazaar on the way.
- Enjoy the stunning views of Himalayan panorama including Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Island Peak, Ama Dablam, Thamserku etc.
- Hike to Everest Base Camp and Kalapthar
- Follow the footsteps of legendary Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary.
- War hospitality and culture of Sherpa, Tamang, Brahmin, Chetri and Rai people
- Trekking through Sagarmatha National Park, a world heritage site
- Sagarmatha National park Entry Permit.
- Gauri Shankar Conservation Entry Permit.
- Lukla-Kathmandu regular flight ticket
- A local bus to Bhandara
- Kathmandu Guided Sightseeing tour
- A Experienced English Speaking Sherpa Guide with equipment.
- Three-Night Hotel in Kathmandu (tourist category Hotel) with breakfast
- 16-Night mountain accommodation with full board meals.
- Airport picks up and drops off by private vehicle
- All the food and lodging and salary of Sherpa Guide
- TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System)
- Insurance of Nepalese Staff.
- Farewell dinner in Nepalese typical restaurant.
- Gov't tax and VAT
- Personal expenses and all kind of drinks (Hot and Cold, Alcoholic and non Alcoholic),
- Personal Insurance of clients,
- Staff Tips (not mandatory but expected)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Laundry service. Telephone, Personal equipment.
- Emergency evacuation by Helicopter
- Sightseeing entry fee in Kathmandu (27 USD per person)
- Porters (highly recommended) are available at extra cost (1 porter is for 2 clients cost 20 USD per day)
- Int'l Air ticket and Airport tax and custom clearance
- Alternative transportation in case of bad weather Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight cancellation.
- Service which is not mentioned in included section