Tsum Valley trekking is a spiritual journey to the sacred Tsum Valley, located in the northern part of Gorkha district. Tsum Valley was once part of Tibetan kingdom of thirteen provinces called Tsum Tsho Chucksums. The world ‘Tsum’ is believed to have come from Tibetan word Tsombo meaning ‘vibrant’. So pious is the land that the ascetic and poet Milarepa once walked on and Guru Rimpoche meditated in its soaring cliffs and silent valleys. No wonder the land is devoted to ancient and artistic monasteries, stupas and mani walls among which Rachen Gompa, largest monastery of Mu Gompa and oldest nunnery Gumba Lungdang are quite famous. This is a region that remained isolated for thousands of year and today still special visitor permits is to be obtained from culture ministry in Nepal. The trekking route follows the Budhi Gandaki river passing through temperate forests, beautiful villages and green terraced fields. Dhoban, Lamagaun, Burji, Chule, Nile, Dhumje are other villages that you will come across on your trek to Tsum Valley. It will be no time before you enter the magical Tsum Valley where you will spectacular views of Buddha Himal, Himal Chuli, Ganesh Himal and Sringi Himal. The majestic peak of Mt. Manaslu (8163m), the eighth highest mountain in the world, will always be within your eye distance. Crossing of Larke La pass (5106), the highest point of the trek, is both challenging and rewarding. While the lower belt is inhabited by Gurung ethnic community, the Tsum Valley is home to Tibetan people who follow Tibetan Buddhist and culture. The ancient system of polyandry is still practiced here and Tibetan Tea called ‘Tsu’ is a delight for every traveler. Some of the major festivals of the region are Losar (New Year), Saka Dawa and Dhachyang.
Tsum Valley Trek
Trip Difficulty: Moderate
Trip Style: Trekking
Transport: Private Vehicle / Bus
Food: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Hotel , Guest House & Tented Camp
Group Size: 2-10
Max Elevation: 3700m
- Trek through Manaslu Conservation Area and enjoy pristine wildlife
- Visit Tsum valley and learn about Tibetan lifestyle and culture
- Visit Rachen Gumba, Mu Gompa and Gumba Lungdang
- Experience the local culture
- Visit the sites of Milarepa and Padma Sambava Cave
- Enjoy spectacular views of Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himalayan ranges.
Day 01 Arrival and transfer to Hotel in Kathamndu
Day 02 Kathmandu Preparation day
Day 03 Kathmandu to Soti khola by bus 7hrs
Day 04 Soti Khola trek to Dovan (1300m), 7 hrs
Day 05 Dovan to Philim - (2240m) 7.5 hrs
Day 06 Philim to Chumling - (2390m) 3 hrs
Day 07 Chumling to Lama Gaun - (3010m) 4 hrs.
Day 08 Lama Gaon to Mu-Gumpa - (3700m) 4 hrs.
Day 09 Leisure day at Mu Gumpa.
Day 10 Mu Gaon to Rachen Gumpa and Chhokamparo - (3031m) 5 hrs
Day 11 Chhekamparo-Lokpa 6hrs.
Day 12 Lokpa - Jagat 6hrs.
Day 13 Jagat - Mahhakhola 6 hrs.
Day 14 MachhaKhola - Arkhet Bazar 6 hrs
Day 15 Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 16 Departure
- Manaslu Conservation entry permit (MCAP)
- Tsum Valley Restricted Area Permit
- Land transportation to and from by Bus
- 13-Night Tea house Accommodation in the Mountain.
- Experienced English Speaking guide with equipment.
- Airport picks up and drops off.
- Safe Drinking Water while in the trek
- TIMS (Trekker Information Management System)
- 1-porter for every two clients.
- Insurance of Nepalese Staffs.
- Full board Meals while in the trekking (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- 2-Night hotel in Kathmandu including Breakfast
- Personal expenses, Hot and cold drinks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Insurance, Tips, food in the city, laundry, telephone, Personal equipment.
- Emergency evacuation by Helicopter, Airport tax, and custom clearance
- Extra night hotel and food in Kathmandu in case early return from schedule trek and late departure
- Alternative transportation in case of heavy rain, landslide, strike, road blockade, etc.
Price & Dates
|25 Oct, 2019 - 09 Nov, 2019||Guaranteed||1058 USD|
Minimum you need to be 2 people to book this trip. However, if you are single please ask us for the group joining.
Group Size, guide and crew member:
We organize Tsum Valley Trek for single people to maximum 16 people at once or even if you have more than 16 people then we can split the group in to two or more groups (according to the number of trekkers) however you all can walk together and stay at same guest house and there are only different guide, and there are 1 guide up to 10 people and 2 guides for 11-16 people and a porter for each 2 trekkers.
Trek as an Individual, Private Group or Join a Scheduled Trek:
Global Adventure Trekking specializes in organizing treks for individuals, couples, and small groups. You can trek by yourself as a private group on the date you select without paying extra, or you can choose to join a small group that is scheduled during your preferred time frame. We also now and then arrange groups on dates other than those shown on this schedule so feel free to contact us to inquire about other possible dates for group treks that you might be able to join.
Personal expenses on the trek:
The daily expenditure in Kathmandu will be about 5 USD per meals. However, it depends on you how much and where you eat. On the trek, your daily expenditure will be about 5-10 USD per day for souvenir and drinks.
Tips are expected by your support team after the trek. The amount depends on your budget and appreciation of their work. As a suggestion, we advise you to allocate 10 - 15% of the total tour cost as tips to the staff. It depends on the services they deliver you along the trek.