Embark on the adventure to Chulu West and feel your soul at the lowest price!
Standing at an altitude of 6419 m. Chulu West Peak is considered one of the best trekking Peak in Annapurna Circuit Trekking trails because of its height and views. Follow the Classic Annapurna Circuit trails to Manag and Ledar. Annapurna region is a world-famous trek due to its varied landscapes, diverse flora, and fauna, cultural intermingle and religious interlingual are another highlight of the trek.
The Peak was first scaled by a Japanese team in 1952. The base camp lies in a small valley above the Ledar "off to the Throng-la" pass. If our planned itinerary is not suitable for your holiday, please feel free to write us for a customized one. Our team is available 24/7 on WhatsApp and email.
Chulu West Climbing Highlights
- Technically Challenging Peak Climbing
- The Chulu West Summit offers three above 8000m mountains, Mt Dhaulagiri (8,167m) Mt Manaslu (8,163m), and Mt Annapurna (8091m)
- Trek through the world-famous Annapurna Circuit Trekking
- Visit the Monastery, Mane Wall, hanging prayer flag, and cross suspension bridge along the way.
- Traverse through Marshyangdi Valley and Kali Gandaki Gorge Valley intersecting by Throng-la top.
Chulu West is a medium-challenging peak in Nepal. Until Base Camp, it is just 3 hours walking distance. From Base Camp to Camp I is the most challenging part where you need to fix rope as well. Many other companies offer only for 2-night tented camp for this Chulu West which is not possible to accomplish this climbing project. It is very important to plan for 3N/4D from Base Camp to Base Camp because the long and difficult walks with the support of the main rope to high camp and very long-distance walking to the Summit will surely make you very tired. Please see the itinerary and cost below then you will know the difference between Global Adventure and others.
The Chulu West trip fact
- Name of the Peak: Chulu West
- Start/Ends: Kathmandu
- Location: Annapurna Region/Mid-western part of Nepal
- Base Camp High: 4,900 m
- High Camp: 5,100m
- Camp I: 5,600 m
- Chulu West Summit: 6,419 m
- Duration: 16N /17D
- Coordinates: ♁ 28° 44′ 10″ N , 84° 2′ 5″ E
Necessary equipment list that you need for Chulu West
The Climbing equipment is the most important item that supports making your expedition safe and successful. The proper climbing gear list is as below for Chulu West in Nepal. Remember all the gears should fitted before embarking on this expedition.
- Climbing/Mountaineering boots: La Sportiva Nepal Cube GTX is recommended.
- Crampons: Try to fit on your boots before you start your trip.
- Ice Axe: An ice axe is used for balance and support.
- Climbing Harness: A harness is used to attach the climber to a rope for safety reasons
- Climbing helmet: A helmet protects the head from falling rocks and ice.
- Rope: Climbing the main rope and Fixed Rope is essential for safety.
- Carabiners: Carabiners are used to attach equipment to the harness and rope while climbing.
- Ascenders and Descenders: Ascenders are used to climb up on the rope, while descenders are used to rappel down.
- Warm clothing: Warm and waterproof clothing, including base layers, mid-layers, and outer layers, are essential for the climb.
- Backpack: A backpack is needed to carry all the equipment and supplies required for the climb as well as a personal day backpack.
- Sunglasses and Sunscreen: The high, cold, and wind can increase the risk of sunburn and snow blindness,
The Chulu West Climbing and trekking itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, Group Size, Flood, and Political unrest. Keep in contact with Global Adventure for the latest updates on the peak and trek.
After completing your summit return back to high camp for a night and descend down to Ledar then again follow the Classic Annapurna Circuit. You may celebrate your fare well with your team in Kathmandu as well. If you do not have that much time to go over a Throng La pass then return back to Manang and take a local jeep to Chame-Beshisahar and Kathmandu.