Mardi Himal Base camp is the name of the long rising ridge and its summit (5,588m) that forms the south-west slope of Mount Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), immediately below its sheer south face. Machhapuchhre (6,993m), which towers majestically over the Lake city Pokhara, is best known as Fishtail Mountain because of its twin peaks that mirror the image of a fishtail. It is fabulously beautiful and is considered sacred, permission to climb it has, so far, always been denied. Mardi trek climbs through Rhododendron forests, Orchid and above the tree lines to follow the ridge that takes us up to ‘High camp’, 3,620m where time is spent acclimatizing while being captivated by the views. Annapurna South seems near enough "eyes to eyes” at and Machhapuchhre close enough to touch. Finally, we enter the wilderness territory as we go beyond 4,500 meters where the great ice fields and blue glaciers of Annapurna Base Camp lie below. Around us, in an arc from east to west, are a dozen or more glossy snowcapped giants, with Annapurna I being the highest of them all – the views are almost impossible to equal. Conquering this wilderness region and the incredible proximity of 5 of the highest mountains in the world leaves one feeling they have explored ever.
Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek
Duration: 8 Days | Based on 1 Review
Trip Difficulty: Moderate
Trip Style: Trekking
Transport: Tourist Bus
Food: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Hotel + Tea House
Group Size: 1-16
Max Elevation: 4,500 m
- Beautiful newly promoted wilderness trekking in Annapurna region.
- Best alternative trek to Ghorepani Poon Hill trek and ABC.
- Traditional villages and sophisticated hospitality of Local people.
- The closest view of exquisite Annapurna Himalayas from Base Camp
Day 01 Kathmandu to Pokhara by tourist bus and transfer to hotel.
Day 02 Drive to Dhampus phedi and trek to Pothana (2,232 m)-4hrs.
Day 03 TREK TO FOREST CAMP (2,600 m / 5 hrs)
Day 04 TREK TO BADAL DANDA (4 Hrs / 2,950 m)
Day 05 SHORT WALK TO HIGH CAMP (3 HRS / 3,550 m)
Day 06 Explore Mardi View point and trek back to Low Camp (7 Hrs / 4,500 m)
Day 07 Trek to Lumbre (4hrs) and drive back to Pokhara Alt. 810m. Trek 2 hours
Day 08 Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist bus.
- All meals while on the Trekking (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- 2-night hotel in Pokhara including breakfast
- 5-night twin share Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private and public vehicle as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader.
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food, and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Travel insurance which covers emergency high-altitude rescue and evacuation
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Nepal entry visa; you can obtain the visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 15 days can be obtained by paying USD 25 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days and 90 days can be obtained by paying USD 40 and 100 respectively. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos. You can apply for Nepal entry visa online as well. https://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa
- Porter can be arranged if required with additional cost
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, Internet, Laundry, and Telephone call.
- Personal trekking equipment (it can be rent in Kathmandu/Pokhara)
- Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected.)
- Any other expenses that are not mentioned in the Price Include section
You are kindly requested to let us know if the itinerary and schedule departure does not suit your requirement. We are happy to customize the plan and reschedule the new departure date as per your requirement.