Tamang Heritage Trail Trek
Duration: 9 Days
Trip Difficulty: Moderate
Trip Style: Trekking
Transport: Private Vehicle / Bus
Food: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: Hotel + Tea House
Group Size: 1-16
Max Elevation: 3200 m.
Tamang Heritage Trail trekking is a wonderful opportunity to visit Langtang region in the Himalayan belt and learn about Tamang culture and local biodiversity. Tamang is perhaps the oldest ethnic group in Nepal, who are mostly found in the Himalayan and hilly region. Originally from Tibet, Tamangs are said to have migrated to the country during the reign of King Srongtsen gampo who tied the knot with Nepali princess Bhrikuti, daughter of King Amshuverma and thus share a very close culture to Tibetans.
Tamang Heritage trekking offers a look into the tradition and culture of Tamang people who follow Buddhist religion. You will follow the traditional trail that was once used by traders to transport salt from Tibet. You will visit the beautiful villages of Gatlang, Goljung, Thuman, Briddim etc. You will come across several stupas, monasteries, waterfalls and hot springs along the way. All along the trail, enjoy the spectacular views of Langtang ranges including Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal and even Shisha Pangma in Tibet.
There are plenty of community lodges and hotels on the trail and beautifully adorned homes with rich wood engravings.
- Learn about Tamang culture, history and tradition
- Stay in community managed lodge and try local cuisines
- Visit the beautiful villages, waterfalls, monasteries and natural hot springs
- Enjoy magnificent views of Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal and Shisha Pangma in Tibet.
- Airport picks up and drops off
- Guided Kathmandu Heritage Sightseeing Tour
- 3-night Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Langtang National Park Entry Permit
- TIMS-Card (Trekker Information Management System)
- Land transportation to and from by bus
- 5-night Tea-House Accommodation while trekking
- Full board Meals while in the trekking (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide with government license
- Safe (Purified) Drinking Water while in the mountain
- Complementary Sleeping bag and Down Jacket if required
- Personal expenses and all kind of drinks
- Clients personal Insurance
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Laundry services, telephone
- Emergency evacuation by Helicopter, Airport tax and custom clearance
- Alternative transportation in case of heavy rain, landslide, strike, road blockade etc.
- Tips to your Guide and Porter