Tamang Heritage Trail Trek
Duration: 9 Days
Trip Difficulty: Moderate
Trip Style: Trekking
Transport: Private Vehicle / Bus
Food: Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Accommodation: Hotel + Guest House + Lodge
Tamang Heritage Trail trekking is a wonderful opportunity to visit Langtang region in the Himalayan belt and learn about Tamang culture and local biodiversity. Tamang is perhaps the oldest ethnic group in Nepal, who are mostly found in the Himalayan and hilly region. Originally from Tibet, Tamangs are said to have migrated to the country during the reign of King Srongtsen gampo who tied the knot with Nepali princess Bhrikuti, daughter of King Amshuverma and thus share a very close culture to Tibetans.
Tamang Heritage trekking offers a look into the tradition and culture of Tamang people who follow Buddhist religion. You will follow the traditional trail that was once used by traders to transport salt from Tibet. You will visit the beautiful villages of Gatlang, Goljung, Thuman, Briddim etc. You will come across several stupas, monasteries, waterfalls and hot springs along the way. All along the trail, enjoy the spectacular views of Langtang ranges including Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal and even Shisha Pangma in Tibet.
There are plenty of community lodges and hotels on the trail and beautifully adorned homes with rich wood engravings.
- Learn about Tamang culture, history and tradition
- Stay in community managed lodge and try local cuisines
- Visit the beautiful villages, waterfalls, monasteries and hot springs
- Enjoy magnificent views of Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal and Shisha Pangma in Tibet.
- Airport picks up and drops off
- 3-night Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- One full day guided tour in KTM as per itinerary.
- Lang Tang National Park Entry Permit.
- Land transportation to and from by bus
- 5-night lodge Accommodation while trekking.
- Experienced English Speaking Trekking Guide
- Safe Drinking Water while in the mountain.
- TIMS-Card (Trekker Information Management System)
- Full board Meals while in the trekking (breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Complementary Sleeping bag and Down Jacket if required.
- Personal expenses and all kind of drinks
- Clients personal Insurance,
- Tips to your Guide and Porter (not mandatory but expected),
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Laundry services, telephone,
- Emergency evacuation by Helicopter, Airport tax and custom clearance
- Alternative transportation in case of heavy rain, landslide, strike, road blockade etc.