Jomsom-Muktinath Trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Upon arrival in Kathmandu International Airport, Global Adventure Trekking staff will meet you and coordinates transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Guided Kathmandu Heritage Sightseeing Tour
• Pashupatinath Temple: Nepal's most sacred Hindu shrine and considered one of the greatest Shiva sites, is located on the banks of the Bagmati River five km north-east of Kathmandu Valley.
• Boudha Nath Stupa: The largest stupa in Nepal and the holiest Tibetan Buddhist temple outside Tibet. It is the centre of Tibetan culture in Kathmandu and rich in Buddhist symbolism.
• Monkey Temple: Swayambhunath is an ancient religious complex atop a hill in the Kathmandu Valley, west of Kathmandu city. It is also known as the Monkey Temple as there are holy monkeys living in the northwest parts of the temple.
• Kathmandu Durbar Square: Also known as Hanuman Dhoka Durbar Square is the plaza in front of the old royal palace of the then Kathmandu Kingdom. The Durbar Square is surrounded by spectacular architecture and vividly showcases the skills of the Newar artists and craftsmen over several centuries.
• Evening group briefing at your hotel.
Day 03: Kathmandu-Pokhara by bus 7hrs.
After having early breakfast, we start our journey by tourist bus to Pokhara with beautiful views of green hills and villages. Along the way the bus stops for Lunch and rest time and continue drive to Pokhara. Pokhara has many beautiful lakes, of which Phewa Lake is the most visited. Explore Pokhara city and Overnight in hotel Pokhara. B/B plan
Day 04: Pokhara drive to Nayapul 2hrs. Trek to Hille/ Tikhedhunga 4hrs. 1520m.
After having the breakfast at the Hotel, the trek begins after the short drive to Nayapul. Trails goes through the deciduous forest and over look water falls,mountain and rice field. Over night at guest house.
Day 05: Tikhedhunga trek to Ghorepani 3hrs.2780m.
You are going all the way up hill to Ghorepani but apart from the first part till to Ulleri then gradually up through the rhododendron and pine forest. Over night at Guest house.
Day 06: Ghorepani trek to Tatopani 5hrs.1200m.
Early morning hike to Poon hill (3155m) for sun rise and mountain views of Dhauligiri,Annapurna and Lamjung Himal. Return back to Ghorepani and Trek through dense forests of rhododendron to Tatopani, which is a natural hot spring where you can take natural hot bathe. Over night at Guest house.
Day 07: Tatopani trek to Ghasa 5hrs.2000m.
Your trek goes into the valley passing small Magar and Thakali village, Waterfalls, some mountain views. Mostly you are following Donkey/mule and horse, as a porter to carry the loads to the village and lodge. You requested to leave the side off to them because they are naughty. Over night at Guest house.
Day 08: Ghasa Trek to Marpha 5.5hrs. 2620m.
You going gradually up and gaining the elevation, above the vegetation. All different views of landscape, mountain, people and micro climate valley will be seen through south to North. Marpha is most popular village of Thakali Tribes, Apple garden and old Monastery. Over night at Guest house.
Day 09: Marpha trek to Kagbeni 5hrs.-2890m.
These days are much easier compatibly. Walking through the Kaligandaki river bank offers you some fossils and Saligrames. Pass Jomsom where the regular flight operates to Pokhara in the morning. Over night at Guest house.
Day 10: Kagbeni trek to Muktinath 5hrs. 3710m.
Kagbeni is much popular for the sun set at Nilgiri Mountain. Explore the Kagbeni in the morning and ascent to Jharkot for lunch and keep continuous to Muktinath. Over night at Guest house.
Day 11: Muktinath trek to Jomsom 5hrs.
Morning visit the Monastery,Water spouts,Temple and many other chorten. Descend to Jomsom via Ekle Bhatti. Over night at Guest house.
Day 12: Jomsom-Pokhara by Air 25 Minutes.
Day 13: Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Today we take you back to Kathmandu by tourist coach which will takes 7hrs. optional we arrange you the flight for an additional cost. Transfer to Hotel and Evening farewell dinner at Nepalese typical restaurant.