Kanchenjung base camp journey itinerary is just an outline, it can be customize as per clients requirement.
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival and transfer to Hotel in Kathmandu
Airport picks up by our representative and transferred to hotel. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu – Thamel.
Day 02: Trek preparation day
Today is a free day at your leisure. Check the gears and introduce them to the guide. EveningTour briefing.
• Last minute shopping or rest and relax.
• Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Fly to Bhadrapur - 100m, and drive to Ilam 70 km
• Hotel breakfast and check out (You may leave here your unnecessary stuff during trekking).
• Pick up from your hotel and transfer to Airport.
• 45 minutes scenic flight to Bhadrapur.
• Drive to Ilam, 90 km, 4-5 hrs.
• Lunch on the way, dinner, and overnight at Ilam.
"Ilam is a beautiful hill station in eastern Nepal. It is popular for tea with many beautiful and lush tea gardens in the hills of Ilam. We can explore the surrounding area or just rest after our flight and drive."
Day 04: Ilam Drive to Taplejung (1,450 m), 150 km.
• Breakfast and drive to Taplejung, 150 km.
• Lunch on the way.
• Arrive at Taplejung, alpine grass lands, rocky outcrops, dense temperate and sub-tropical forests, and low river valleys with the Kanchenjunga as its crown and is home to one of the original homelands of the indigenous Limbu people.
• Dinner and overnight at Taplejung.
Day 05: Taplejung trek to Chiruwa (6-7 hrs,/1,270m).
• Breakfast and start first day trekking to Chiruwa
• Trek begins easy down-hill to Aangshyan Pati and Mitlung then the trail goes gradually up to Chiruwa.
• Dinner and overnight at Chiruwa
Day 06: Chiruwa trek to Lelep (1,750m/ 5-6 hrs)
• Breakfast and start trekking to Lelep 12 km.
• Trek gradually ascends to Tawa, Chiruwa, and Lelep.
• Dinner and overnight at Lelep.
Day 07: Lelep trek to Amjilosa (2,308 m,/6 hrs)
• Breakfast and start trekking to Sukethum, 12 km.
• Walk throughout pleasing semi-tropical forest, limbu village, river and strims.
• Dinner and overnight at Sukethum.
Day 08: Amjilosa trek to Gyabla (2,730 m/5 hrs)
Day 09: Gyabla Trek to Ghunsa 5hrs/3,450 m
Day 10: Rest day in Ghunsa for acclimatization
Day 11: Ghunsa Trek to Khambachen 5hrs/4,050 m
Day 12: Khambachen Trek to Lhonak 5hrs/ 4,800 m
Day 13: Lhonak day hike to Kanchenjunga Base Camp (5,143 m) and back to Lhonak
Day 14: Lhonak Trek back to Ghunsa 6 hrs/3,450 m
Day 15: Ghunsa Trek to Selele 5 hrs/4,400 m
Day 16: Selele Trek to Cheram over a Selele pass 5hrs/ 3,900 m
Day 17: Cheram Trek to Ramche 4 hrs/4,600 m
Day 18: Ramche Hike to Oktang / Yalung Base Camp - 4,750m and trek back to Ramche
Day 19: Ramche Trek down to Tortong 7 hrs/3,000 m
Day 20: Tortong Trek down to Yamphudin 7hrs/ 2,100 m
Day 21: Yamphudin Trek down to Khebang 6 hrs/1,900 m
With the great experience of the alpine zone to lowland to Khebang. Today you will conclude your trek to Khebang.
Day 22: Khebang drive to Birtamode 11hrs
Today you will be driving through the dots road to Birtamode for 11 hrs.
Day 23: Drive to Bhadrapur and fly back to Kathmandu
Morning 5 hrs drive to Bhadrapur and fly back to Kathmandu. Evening arrival and check in Hotel.
Day 24: Final Departure for your your onward destination
After having breakfast, drop at Kathmandu International Airport for your final departure.